Monday, March 21, 2011

No Place Like Home



Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around
Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound

Love is in the air
In the whisper of the trees
Love is in the air
In the thunder of the sea


I stood still listening to the band crooning out this song, half bobbing my head, half tapping my feet. A smile crept up my face last night as I heard it. Something about the lyrics was really agreeable with me. To have a long crappy, stressful day, then to suddenly walk into a live band singining 'Love is In The Air' with a big grin on their faces, its.... its.... well, lets just say its a great way to lift your spirits.

Cool night breezes, open air cafes, friendly people, great food, live music everywhere.. sometimes I don't understand why people don't think this is a great country to live in. For all the charm, beauty and wonder of foreign lands, for all the excitement, thrill and adventure it offers, I still find that in the end - there is no place like home...

Not because it's 'prettier' or 'nicer' or anything... but simply because it is what it is - Home.

“Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to” John Ed Pearce

No comments: