Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thoughts on a Stranger

I thought we had something special. I thought we understood one another. I thought that it would just go on and on, the way it did in the past.

But it didn't.

It all stopped.

What happened?

Something must have happened for sure. But i don't know what.

Are you not well? Are you busy? Have you lost interest in this heart of mine? Are you deliberately keeping silent? Or are you not around anymore?

I try to imagine just what is it that is transpiring at your side of this life. But it is a blank image. I cannot imagine anything beyond the picture of you, and the streets of the city you live in. You said we were not really strangers anymore. I guess in some sense, that is true. A stranger is a person you know nothing about. And i know many things about you.

But all this silence has reminded me again, that in truth, knowing many things about you isn't the same as knowing YOU.

There is a massive void that stands between us. A void only two strangers would know.

So, what are we anyway, my dear not-so-stranger of a friend? What are we?

No comments: