Thursday, November 25, 2010

What's Wrong With A Bit More?

The problem with ‘a bit more’ is…..

Every time we receive, we feel it’s not enough.

"I just need a little bit more.... just that bit more..then I'll have enough.” we say

And every time we do get that ‘bit more’, we find it’s not that much as we first thought.

“I need a bit more… just to survive.” we say

Then more comes and we do have enough to survive, but not enough to be comfortable

“I need a bit more… just to be comfortable.” we say

Then more comes and we do have enough to be comfortable, but not enough to be safe.

“I need a bit more…. just to be safe.” we say

Then more comes and we have enough to be safe… or so we thought, before realizing that the more we have, the more we need.

“Sorry, I STILL need a bit more…. just to be… whatever…….I just know I need it.” we say

On and on it goes….

Our appetites are insatiable. We are gluttons of ‘a bit more’. So much so, we forget that once upon a time, you and I got by with a lot less....... and still felt like we had everything we need in this world.

And that’s the problem with ‘a bit more’….

No comments: