Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Concerts & Such

A few weeks ago, there was a massive jam in KL... and it was all because of this boy.


That's right. Justin Bieber was in town for a concert on a Thursday night... and half of the families in the Klang valley seemed to be attending at Stadium Merdeka. That's what the 'young' people are into these days. The other half seemed to be stuck trying to run AWAY from Stadium Merdeka.

I would have nothing to do with that Bieber-fever of course. But 3 days later... we did go watch these old dudes instead.




That's right. On the same week everyone was watching the very 'in' Bieber, I was more geared up watching the 'outdated' Michael Learns to Rock at KLCC.

I think only people my age (26) and above would have any relation (or memory) of MLTR. I mean.... they became famours a long long time ago.. in the 90's.... and particularly in Asia only... and particularly with ME only. It was the first audio album I had ever bought in my life.. and remains one of those 'best thing I ever did' moments in my life. I listened to that cassette for months on end...

How was the concert? Well... if the Bieber concert was like a electrifying showcase of fresh, young talent, then the MLTR was very much the long awaited and anticipated reunion of all friends. EVERYONE in the crowd know almost every song by heart... a lot of us grew up listening to their songs.. and a lot of their songs remain very much evergreen (IMHO)

It kinda made me ponder a bit. It has been 10 years since I bothered listening to a MLTR song. And yet when they started singing, it all came back to me so naturally. They say some things never leave you.. they just get stored away.

10 years ago, I remember MLTR themselves playing at Stadium Merdeka, playing to a sell out crowd, causing traffic jams. I couldn't afford to attend then, but on that day, I was able to.... like some long forgotten dream suddenly realized....It occured to me that I was no longer one of the 'in' or 'young' crowd... but I also realized.. I didn't really mind at all. :-)

Anyway, I don't really have a point to make here..I just promised myself I woud write SOMETHING.. even if it's done in a hurry (like now). I will share this particular song that used to be my official 'emo' song. It was the song I sang to myself when my first major crush went for another guy... I think I've always been secretly melodramatic that way... :-P

No comments: