Saturday, March 10, 2012

Last Days with Dad

I'll be spending the whole day with my father today. We will be travelling down first to Melaka, and then further down south to Muar where my father was born.  my brother will be there too.

We've been talking about doing this trip for years, but never got around to it till now. Its going to be the first time the three of us went on a trip together. I have a feeling it might also be one of the last.

My father is leaving in ten days for the Philippines. He's moving there to start a new life. He doesnt plant to come back anytime soon. The story in my last post is in a nutshell, the story of my father's life.

While i respect and support him unconditionally, i feel sad that he is leaving. I cannot understand why he would choose to distance himself and chose to go down a road none of us can follow. Perhaps its for the sake of the love of the new woman he has found for himself for the forth time. But is not the love of his children and family also something worth putting weight to? If you would move for the love of one woman you've only recently known, why will you not stay for the love of two the of your sons you fathered?

Perhaps i should ask him all these things. But i think i wont. Its more important today that he simply knows this:

We love you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so sad! :( I'm so glad that you can give your father unconditional love, even though he's leaving you behind. You will be in my prayers!