Monday, September 19, 2011

Cheekiness


There is a certain trait about me that most people have never seen (or known); I’m cheeky. Despite my serious demeanour and way of thinking, I can in fact be rather cheeky at times. I don’t know how to describe how I go about this cheekiness.. but only that I become naughty, daring and playful at the same time.

The reason most people have never seen this about me is because I only do it with people I’m intimately familiar and comfortable with. And as far as I am aware, I’ve only been consciously cheeky around two people; my wife and my mother.

My mother has known this about me even before I realized it myself. I was playing a little prank on her one weekend, and upon finding out she said “……. You’re so cheeky la.. just like when you were still small. Always playing tricks on your mother…”. I was dumbstruck. I had not realized that this was a repeat of my childhood behaviour. In my mind, it was a fresh and novel prank I was pulling on my mother. I guess mothers do know best after all.

The wifey of course discovered it only after it was too late. I think it wasn’t until a year or two into our relationship that I started exhibiting signs of cheekiness. I didn’t plan it. It just sort of turn out that way.

I cannot recall if I have been this way with any other person. 

 But I think that I probably do it with people I feel very intimate with. So if I start winking at you, beware. 

No comments: