Friday, September 2, 2011

New Blogger Layout


So after what feels like an eternity, blogger finally revised their layout.As in, COMPLETELY. I find myself fumbling over the new layout, trying to find where the new buttons are and how to navigate. First reaction - FINALLY! The old one was functional, but stale. I'm still trying to get use to it.

But if nothing but just for the sake of change, I'm happy with it. Which is funny, because I've been resisting moving to Tumblr or Wordpress or any other blogging platform because I didn't want the change. And suddenly, with a click of a button, change had come upon me regardless (albeit in a small way)

I think change is a funny thing. We want it but resist it at the same time. We long for it but also fear it.

I've met people who seem to embrace change so willingly. In fact, they even seem to live on it. They can't bear the thought of staying too long on one single thing. As if familiarity is something to be feared. People like that have always made me feel old. Because it's usually the old people who cannot embrace change. New music, new trends, new fashion, new technologies. I've always found myself digging prefering to dig into the past rather than anticipating the future. I like discovering old songs that sound good, I enjoy reading history, I enjoy seeing this that have a retro feel about them.  I enjoy recollecting and remembering how things unfold.

People always say living life is about moving forward. I think I do move forward, except I walk in reverse.

What can I say? I feel old.    

No comments: