Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm a song repeater....

You know how some songs just seem to carry you through your moods throughout the week?

I'm guilty of being a song repeater. When I'm in the mood, I listen to the same song over and over and over and over again.. To work, back from work, to dinner, everywhere until the song is so engraved in my head I practically know it by heart. This of course annoys the hell out of people who regularly sit in my car with me....

But hey, it's MY CAR.. you listen to what I listen la... Haha.. But I'm too nice.. what I usually do is tune it down or try to put the radio or something general on that everyone can listen to.

I'm also kind of old fashion and weird when it comes to music taste. I listen to American Pie and Vincent by Don McLean, Tommy Emmanuel on the guitar and Burt Bacharach singing Rain drops keep falling on my head... In the mornings (like today), when I'm feeling a bit upbeat, I put on Let There Be Love by Michael Buble. I listen to The Best of Audiophile Voices I, with Jane Monheit crooning the best ever version of Somewhere over the Rainbow. Other times, I put on some techno music, blast the speakers and act every inch the silly ah bengs on the roads with their loud tasteless music. Occasionally, when I'm feeling all down and blue, I listen to "Don't cry Joni' by Conway Twitty... (Probably one of the saddest love songs around)

I tend to pick songs from yesteryears more than current songs. I suppose to me, there's a certain artistic quality about songs of the past that seem to be lacking in todays songs... that quality is.. substance. Not many songs will become evergreen... and as much as I find Poker Face by Lady Gaga catchy... I don't think anyone will still be listening to it 20 years from now.

ANYWAY, just to share with you the mood I'm in today... feeling snappy and lighhearted today.. I'll post this song for your easy listening. It's the original Nat King Cole version. I'd prefered the Michael Buble version, but couldn't find it online but I guess this is close enough..I have it in my PC though... Enjoy! What's your favourite 'theme song' for your day?

2 comments:

Cat Cat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Compulsive Blogger said...

Cat,

Ya, I figured as much from the songs you put on your blog. All very fresh and hip!

Sean Kingston 'tak panas' here in Malaysia la. Everyone got too annoyed with him singing 'Beautiful Girls'.. almost as overplayed as that Titanic song.

btw, you don't look one bit 38! You're now officially a 'hot mama'! ;)