Thursday, August 13, 2009

Somewhere beyond the sea, there's me!

The last 2 months have really been crazy....

I've was sent to Shanghai alone on work; I had to drive 350km down to Singapore over the weekend for meetings, TWICE, I've had to drive up north to Kedah, ALSO TWICE...and I've been to office on a weekend...... to many times to remember.

So FOR ONCE, I'm taking a mini break! I'm taking one small little day in my ever accumulating annual leave balance, and bringing my other half with me to P.A.N.G.K.O.R!! You have no idea how hard it is to even get one day of with the kind of workload I have. My boss wasn't even around to approve my leave and I had to email him.

"Sir, I want to apply one day leave this Friday. Planning to go to Pangkor / Lumut this weekend. OK with you?".....I typed nervously and pressed the send button. With everyone working over drive, it felt kind of guilty to just chuck everything aside and go sip cocktails by the beach.

20 minutes later... a single word reply came "OK".... I was jumping for joy.... in my heart la. Boy do I feel like I need this break. Life can't be all about work ma...

Ya, ya.. its a bit wet and rainy this time of year, and Pangkor isn't exactly THE most popular island to go to... but a holiday is a holiday man, even if its just a weekend. Boy do I love Malysia sometimes. You can just jump in your car and be anywhere around the Peninsular within 4 hours! Anyways, I plan to enjoy myself just doing whatever it is la that people do on island resorts, laze around, sit banana boats, snorkeling... anything la, I'm game... it'd be my first time anyway. Haha...And I really look forward to bringing my camera and trying my hand at some seaside sunset shots!

So if you don't hear from me these 3 days, its because I'm.....

Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing

Enjoy the song!... (Sorry about the Disney Cartons.. was the best I could find for this song)

1 comment:

Cat Cat said...

Have fun.. and take lots of pictures and show me later.

**waduh, sounds like a big boss, eh**