Friday, January 28, 2011

Time to Read

I've been getting into the habit of buying a lot of reading material lately... which is a good thing if you think about it.

I was at the bookstore.. when I just couldn't resist buying a copy of National Geographic Magazine.. which is kinda like the Big Daddy of all general interest magazines with picture so awesome and beautiful nobody bothers to read the words....

I also couldn't resist picking up a copy of Readers Digest... which is kinda like the Big Daddy of all........ (wait a minute. I said that already)... which is like... a really good magazine la basically....

Then, I couldn't resist buying a copy of Personal Money (which sells out very quickly) because it's kinda like million dollar advice for the price of $9.90 per copy...

and I ALSO couln't resist buying a copy of Digital Camera magazine... which I buy just to easy my guilt for having not spend any time whatsoever on my 'so called' hobby of taking pictures. It seems I spend more time reading about photography than actually doing anything about it. Which wouldn't be too bad...if I actually did any reading at all.


The problem I've been having is that I've been BUYING reading material... as opposed to actually reading it.

In addition to all the awesome but unread magazine above, sitting on my shelf are half a dozen highly recommended, critically acclaimed novels and books all unfinished or unstarted. Then there's another half a dozen books about relationship and marriage that half a dozen people thought would be a good thing to get me for my wedding. I'm sure their pretty good... at least that's what the back cover says.

So it's a Friday evening as I write this. its 6pm..... and very frankly, I just want to go home and read one of my many unfinished books. But I can't because numerouus appointments await me, tasks need finishing, and work is just unending.

Sigh...

Time's is always balancing game. Too much of it and it drives you crazy.. too little of it, and it becomes a luxury.

Have a great weekend..

No comments: