Monday, May 24, 2010

When Words Get in the Way...

But the words get in the way
There's so much I want to say
But it's locked deep inside
And, if you look in my eyes
We might fall in love again
I won't even start to cry
And, before we say goodbye
I tried to say "I love you"
But the words got in the way

Words Get In the Way - Gloria Estefan 

***********


For a person who loves words as much as I do, there have been times in my life when the words don't just fail.... they get in the way. I used to be quick in expressing my feelings. I'd almost always say how I felt. Over the years, I find myself pausing more often, taking the time to find the right words to say, in the right manner to truly reflect how I feel inside. But I found that sometimes, there are no words to describe the feeling, no words to reflect the intensity, no words to do justice to the complex emotions.

It was when words failed me that I reached out and grabbed your hand; brushed you hair; touched your face; held your waist and kissed your lips. You might never have understood it, but there was a lot more said in those touches than all the words ever whispered between us.

I was just trying to say 'I love you'....  but the 3 words just got in the way.

No comments: