Sunday, May 30, 2010

Eyes of the Beholder

Cause you’re beautiful my love
When I close my eyes
You’re beautiful my love
Under heaven’s skies

Collective Soul - Under Heaven's Sky

Think about when a woman looks her best, and we normally think of a woman that is nicely dolled up, full make up, stunning dress, matching accessories, perfectly manicured fingernails, gorgeous hairdo, killer shoes and a cute little handbag to top it all off. That's when a woman is supposed to radiate beauty right?

But it IS said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You know at what moment I find a woman to be her most beautiful? When she smiles. When she looks at you, you look at her back, and she smiles. That's when I find her so beautiful. I'm a real sucker for that. Take a deep look into my eyes and just smile and I'm done for. There's something about the notion of another person being able to find joy by looking into your eyes.. ....just melts me. And I find myself thinking 'this is such a wonderful, warm and ultimately beautiful person'. It's almost as if happiness makes a person beautiful. It's almost as if the only things you need to do to stay beautiful (and youthful) in just by living, loving, and laugh...

You know what time of the day I find women to be at her most beautiful? In the morning. Yes.. morning.. with her hair all messy and tangled up, no make up, no mascara, no expensive perfume... just the peaceful, calm and contented look on their face after a good nights sleep... untroubled by worries and problems of the day (though that usually returns the minute she starts looking at her watch)... But while the moment last, I think the look of peace and contentment is also beautiful. Problems trouble us, make us worry, and often bring out the ugly sides of us. When a person is not forced into a corner, when a person is untroubled.. they get the chance to lower their guard... and you see... from the look on their face.. the beauty that lies beneath.


You're beautiful my love.. under heaven's skies.

No comments: