Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bloggers Anonymous

I just discovered that I might just be suffering from blog addiction.

I came across this webpage.. that's trying to help people cure their addictions from blogging.. Kinda like an Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) support group but for bloggers.... who knew right?

I had to laugh out loud of course.... becuse the irony stood out to me immediately. A bunch of people are trying to help othesr kick their blogging addiction... and the first thing they do is set up a blog about it. Wait... what? That's like having an AA session in a liquour store, or a Quit Smoking Campaign in the smoking room. It just doesn't add up.

But it looks like it's serious stuff.. because it seems for some people.. they get so addicted to blogging.. it's starting to get in the way of them living their lives.. Ouch..

They came up with this list of 'symptoms' here for you to tell if you're addicted.. My asnwers are in blue

10. You check your blog stats a LOT. You occasionally get up in the middle of the night and sneak a peak.
YES.


9. Your significant other suspects you are having an affair with your blog. Even when you’re alone with your special person, you do find yourself thinking what your blog might be doing right then…
NO. But I do end up thinking about what to blog. 


8. You “mental blog” while driving or on the train, and sometimes even when you are alone in the shower.
YEEESSSS.... Thats practically where all the inspiration comes from.


7. You filter everything through your post-writing. You can’t watch a movie, see a play, read an article, or share a sweet moment with your child without thinking of whether it’s blog-worthy.
mmmm..... I'd have to say YES. 


6. You suffer from “blog envy” when another blogger posts something juicy before you do. You suffer “comment envy” when said post gets 40-something comments – the jerk!

No. But I do get temporary emotional highs whenever someone drops a comment. 

5. You “binge blog” 3 or 4 posts at once—only to feel guilty and empty afterward.
Sometimes. 


4. You ditched all your real friends for blog friends, because, well, “they understand.” You bypass Bowling Alone at the bookstore (who really cares?) while you reach for Naked Conversations.
Nope. But the real friends sometimes end up the inspirartion for the post


3. You think, “I can stop at any time.”
No. I think "Damn... I can't stop."


2. Your lunch hour has become your “blog hour.” You keep a few posts tucked in your desk in case you need them during the day.

It's much worse than that. I blog even when it's not lunch. LOL....

1. After 5 minutes of meeting someone really interesting you ask, “So - do you blog?”

No.

So I feel like it was a bit inconclusive. I still can't make up my mind if I am indeed addicted to blogging. I did a quick statistical check.. I've done 239 post in 54 weeks. That's about 4.426 post per week for the past 13 months. And in addition to that, I have around another 100 post or so in another blog that I keep elsewhere and 30 more in yet another blog somewhere out there. That's a total of about 369 posts. Which works out to about 6.89 blogs per week. And since there is only 7 days in  a week... this means that I have been blogging around 1 post per day every single day for the past year or so.

Numbers don't lie.


Yes, I am so addicted to blogging. (and this doesn't even include Facebook updates and Twitter posts)

...... damn.....

I'm wondering if this has progressively contributed to the degeneration of my social skills i.e. I am slowly turning into a social retard because of blogging. :-S

Bloggers Anonymous - I need to sign up man...

"Hi... my name's Compulsive Blogger...and I... have.. well... Compulsive Blogging Disorder... hence the name"

LOL............

No comments: