Tuesday, August 3, 2010

As A Pleasing Sacrifice

Father Lord, 

I drove home in silence with an unexplainable heaviness in my heart tonight. I feel broken. I feel beaten. I feel shattered. I feel scared. I cannot do it. Not on my own. I have not the courage. I have not the strength. I have not the wisdom. I fear my disobedient heart. I resent my untamed desires. I despair at my feeble faith. I am weak dear God. I fear not just for myself, but for those I love and care for. I cannot pretend to know how to live life. I cannot pretend to know how things work. I can't even get my own mind and heart straighten out oh God... how am I to guide others in the right way? I have given up trying to find the answers to everything in life. I know only that everything that happens, happens through the guidance of your unseen hand. Nothing that happens on this side of heaven ever happens without your consent and control... 

Allow me this prayer tonight dear God. As unworthy and sinful and unrepentant as I am.. allow me this prayer..That I may let go. That I may stop trying to control my own life. That my life be guided not by my own will but by Yours. That you may guide my life, my decisions, my thoughts, my heart, my actions, my words... and every fibre of my being... for my own good, for the good of those I love, for the good of others, for the good of God.  

I sing this song in prayer to you tonight dear God. Let me offer my life to you... because there is nothing else of value I can offer except that...


All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you, oh Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaims
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours

Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my heart, all of my praise
My heart and my hands are lifted to you

Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life


Amen

No comments: