Tuesday, March 16, 2010

of (Extra)ordinary People

There is something about people who are different that draws me to them. Every now and then, I come across people who truly unique in their own special way. People who defy convention; people who don't bother trying to be different, but just are. They don't necessarily dress, look or behave abnormally. In fact, many of them come across as perfectly normal at first glance. But dig a little deeper, and suddenly you find yourself getting to know a someone who fits no stereotype nor conform to set behaviors.

But they all seem to have one thing in common. They don't quite give a damn about what people think of them.

Most people hate them for this. But it's also the very reason I love them.

Maybe it's the law of opposites working here. I think I'm attracted to these trail blazers because of the sheer ordinariness of my own self. 

Hmmm..... Maybe. 

No comments: