Monday, April 5, 2010

Uncovering Audio Diamonds VIII





11 - Standfast - Carcrashes
 
 ************************************************
 
Car crashes, TV shows
A drunkard on the side of the road
People running (running)
Fantasy or reality
Analysis and theories
What does matter really?

Tell me what to believe
Won't you bring me order
Tell me what to achieve
Baby, so I can move forward
Tell me what to be
Car crashes, TV shows
A drunkard on the side of the road
People runnin', run

Credit cards in place of distress
Go live your life on the Internet
That's what this is
Conspiracies and mysteries
Science-fiction make-believe
My kind's misery
******************************************************

There isn't always a reason why I like some songs and not others. This one just stuck to me from the first moment I heard it. Earphones now permanently stuck to my ears everywhere I go, I've been listening to this song over and over again. This along with a few other songs, tend to get me into this sort of detached kind of feeling from everything around me. Like I'm there in body, but really I'm just floating around observing the world silently from a distance. 
 
In a strange way, it makes me feel at peace. 

No comments: