Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I hate goodbyes

I held her close...

I held her tight...

I felt the my eyes starting to swell...

I felt my ears starting to burn...

I felt my heart starting to ache...

I felt the tears roll down my cheek...

I heard myself sobbing quietly...

I felt her gentle hands stroking my back...

I heard her whispering words of comfort...

I saw her wiping the tears off my face...

I saw the sad look on her face...

I brushed her hair aside...

I kissed her on her forehead...

I told her I love her...

I told her to come back safely to me...

I wipe my own tears dry...

I shed no more tears after that....

5 minutes was all it took...

That was it...

That feeling of vulnerability shown openly...

That moment of weakness revealed to her...

That was my farewell to her...

No comments: