Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Uncovering Audio Diamonds




More Free Music at MP3-Codes.com



Here's the thing about me... I'm kinda outdated when it comes to the latest trends, latest starts, latest movies, latest gossip, latest artist.... and mostly... latest songs.

In fact, I stopped chasing the latest, newest, hippest songs on the radio, or on the charts or whatever sometime after I finished school. From then on, I just listened to whatever came along that sounded good to me. And it so happened that a lot of them were all songs from yesteryears. I started to enjoy uncovering songs that were released years ago, that everyone seems to have forgotten about, washed away in the waves of the newest, hippest but not necessarily better songs. I feel like an archeologist, uncovering a long lost gem, underneath the heap of trash that make up 90% of todays pop songs. It feels like such a waste for these under rated but excellent songs to be forgotten in time. I realized that people just no more than 4~5 years my junior don't know songs that I listened to when I was that age!!



The song I thought of all of a sudden today was this one playing by the Backstreet Boys called That's what she said. Yes, its a boy band. Yes, Backstreet Boys (a.k.a Backside Boys for the haters). I know plenty of people think they were super cheesy, which was probably true to certain extent. I remember the way the girls in my class were ALL THE RAGE about Nick and Brian and Howie D and AJ and Kevin (gosh, I can name all of them!!) with their washboard abs and boyish good looks. But they did come up with some pretty memorable and beautiful songs la. These days, 16 year old girls seem to prefer the likes of David Archuleta more. (not even sure how to spell his name).


This one was never released as a single, but it's one of my favourites from them.

On a side note, my playlist is starting to get a bit stale.. So, if you've got a song in your head, that IS GOOD, please recommend them to me! If you're going to, please recommend specific songs. I don't usually listen to entire albums. Old, new, rock, jazz, swing, pop, country, Folk, Malay, Chinese, English, Cantonese, Spanish, French... and even Tamil.... whatever will do. The only condition is, you've got to genuinely like it yourself before recommending it to me OK.

Enjoy.


Yeah yeah yeah yeah

there are people who say what you wanna hear
even on a rainy day they'll tell you the sky is clear
when you really really love someone am i right
when i say that you want them near
and if you care you even tell them things
that they wanna hear

'always for ever'
one thing she said
'never say never'
the simple lies that she said
'i will never leave you'
all the love i thought she had

but can you blame me no
cause thats what she said
thats what she said
she told me we'd see forever
thats what she said she said yeah

there are people
who say what they really mean
she said she'd always be there
she said she'd always care
but just when you think that you can trust that someone you love
tell me why do i know that stars can fall from above

cause you made promises that you couldn't keep (ooo)
but you're not hurting yourself
you're only hurting me
why would you say things that you really didn't mean
oh how can i make you see just what you did to me

ooh you said how much you really care
just when i thought i was in love
girl how could you care
if i were you i could not lie even once to the face of the one
that i love so much



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When You Come Back Down by Nickel Creek
DNA by Enter The Haggis


ENJOY!! (I'm a fan of the Backstreet Boys and their unreleased songs from the past three albums include some of their best work. I'd still like to know who the hell picks out what ends up on an album for them and why)