Friday, November 27, 2009

Uncovering Audio Diamonds IV




More Free Music at MP3-Codes.com



There are some songs and artists that sort of reach cult status for different groups of people for different reasons. One group I want to highlight are people who have taken an interest in learning how to play the guitar. Now, I don't know how true this still is today, but knowing how to play the guitar can be a real added bonus if you've just reached puberty and you need a trick or two to charm the ladies. If you're good looking, you're lucky. If you can play also play the guitar, you're lucky and cool. If you're good looking, you play the guitar, AND you can sing... you my friend... have all 3 major ingredients you need to charm the ladies. Unfortunately, people are either born with good looks or are not. And with vocals, you either have it, or you don't.


So really, for guys (like me) who neither have good looks nor a decent voice, the only thing you can pick up up through sheer determination and hard work is to learn how to play the guitar. You could still charm the ladies... provided you make sure they look away, and you don't sing when playing the guitar.


Anyway, like I was saying, some songs seem to elevate to cult status by groups of people. For those who learn how to play the guitar, songs like Wonderwall from Oasis, More than Words by Extreme,  and Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton are just some songs have stood the test of time and reach cult status among guitarist even if the main stream seem to have all forgotten about them. A more recent one would be I'm yours by Jason Mraz. You can be sure that one will be played by many a guitarist for many years to come. Any self respecting guitar play would have at least 1 or 2 of these sort of songs they longed to learn and emulated. For me personally, one of the biggest motivation I had teaching myself how to play the guitar was this song you're listening to now. It's called Time of your life (Good riddance) by Greenday. It's a beautiful song.. with incredibly simple chords..except when you actually try to strum it.. then you realize it's not that simple after all! I spent a good many hours sitting in front of my CD playing repeating the song over and over again, trying to catch the beat and the strumming. And when I finally go the hang of it.. I swear I thought I was ready for my own little concert. LOL...

The song is actually quite a departure from the usual songs Greenday do (alternative / punk rock).. and this one is really considered one of the most acoustic songs from them. It is to me, one of their BEST songs to date. I've been listening to it for years.. and still not bored of it yet.

The lyrics are sort of a bon voyage, goodbye song. You can read about it here. I LOVE the lyrics. They're my kind of lyrics. An interesting thing about this song is that it was written for his ex-girfriend who was leaving.. and he was trying to be level headed and wish her well on her way (thus the well intended lyrics).. but when he realized that he was still a bit bitter he added the words Good Riddance in the title.

Whatever it is. I do believe never to burn bridges when it is not necessary. You might never know how things will work out in the future.. so never shut the door entirely on people.. even if you think in some ways you might have been hurt by them.

Hope you enjoy the song and have a good weekend everybody...

Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.

It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.

Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.

For what it's worth,
it was worth all the while.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

(music break)

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.




No comments: