Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yes, I'm fine. But where's the toothpaste?

You know, I didn't think it was going to be THAT obvious.

I mean, I knew I was bound to be sad and all after she left, but I didn't expect people to be able to tell just by speaking to me! If there is one thing I've always thought of myself, is that I'm not that easy to read, emotion wise. I'm not the type to carry my heart on my shoulders. If I'm upset, I don't necessarily vent it to anyone and everyone. If I'm sad, I don't go around crying my heart out to anyone who listens. Exception here I think is when I'm happy. When I'm happy, it's hard to hide.

"You OK or not? You don't sound to good leh..." a friend from work said to me.

"Me, I'm fine la. Friday mah. No mood to work already. This client's a read pain in the ass... Potong steam la. I just wanna go home and start my weekend." I said.

"Sure or not? Hmmm. I think I know the REAL reason... Hehehe..." this person tells me.

"Oh? Really? And what would THAT be?" I asked as my ears perked up.

"Girlfriend not around already mah...... right onot?"

"WHAAAAT?! Geez.. I think you know too much about me already la. Dangerous man. Why, so obvious meh?" I ask. This was kinda the last person I would expect to be making this sort of deduction. Someone I deal with from WORK!

I usually don't consider the people I meet or work with in my office settings to be my 'friends' per se. They are your colleagues, your suppliers, your clients, your partners. You go out for lunch, you joke, you share stories, you get work done. But they aren't really your friends. But occasionally, a few end up becoming genuine friends. I considered this person on of those.

"YA! It's the tone of your voice la.. A bit down. Why, miss her ar?"..........

".................................." that's me being speechless. "............ something like that la. It's just taking a bit of getting used to that's all. Anyway......" I changed to subject.


Why have quite a considerable number of people come up to me and tell me this? My boss is going around telling everybody I'm not 'SINGLE and LONELY'.... Aaaaargh. I'd poke his eyes out, sew his mouth and break his fingers if not for the fact that he signs my cheques. hehehe. But on second thought, when I thought more about it.. yes, I AM SINGLE.. never mind lonely for the time being. *hands clasp together*  Hehehehehe...

"So now you're a lonely man now la. Drowning in sorrow. Miss here miss there la........" my boss jested to me over the phone.

"No la sir. Where got time. So busy doing your work for you!" I reply.

"I KNOW. And I plan to give you EVEN MORE, to help you overcome your sorrow!" he answers bursting out in laughter.

I laugh back, not quite sure if more work is really the right remedy.

For the record, I'm fine people. At least for now. I've huddled up and cried in the dark corner of the room a grand total of zero times. I have been busy with work and family. I did worry about what I'd do on my first weekend without her. But the weekend got filled up even before she left. The time I'm spending now typing this out is just about the only free time I have for the next 2 days. Maybe later I'll start to feel it. I'm predicting around Christmas time. But for now, I'm alright. it's not like she died or something (choy, touch wood). She's just far away. And in this day and age, the world is a much smaller place. I mean, I just had an hour long conversation with her over skpe yesterday, and it was free. 2 days ago, we just had a video chat. So you can't really say I'm suddenly missing her in my life.

My only problem is, I'm running out of tooth paste. and I'm not sure where she keeps the spare tube.

Cheers, and have a good weekend people.

No comments: