Thursday, November 19, 2009

Uncovering Audio Diamonds II




More Free Music at MP3-Codes.com



Thanks to the author of the comment on my previous post for your comments, as well as recommending those 2 songs, When You Come Back Down by Nickel Creek and DNA by Enter The Haggis. I found the song from Nickel Creek, but couldn't find the other one. Beautiful song! Thanks!

I know the whole worlds probably divided into two categories.. those who love and swear by ABBA songs.. and those who are convinced ABBA's songs are the work of the devil (for it's sheer cheesiness sometimes).... But you can't deny ABBA has made one of the biggest impacts on modern music. Nevermind that the members all eventually married each other, got divorced, went on solo careers, married into royalty, and produced musical spin offs of their songs earning tonnes of money. Have you seen MAMA MIA? It's probably the only song which movies and theater performances were around, instead of the other way i.e. songs are written / sang FOR the movie instead.

One of my favourite songs from them is this one you are listening to Thank you for the musc. There has been countless cover versions and remake of the song, but this one is my favourite.  Clear, simple, beautiful and a somewhat different take from the original. It's taken from the soundtrack of MAMA MIA the movie that came out some time this year (or was it last year?). I first head it at the cinema, when the closing credits were showing, and this song was put up. I sat and listen to the entire song, till I was the last one left!And here's the funny part. The lady singing the song, Amanda Seyfried..... she's actually an actor, not a singer! Not bad eh?

No lyrics needed for a song like this I'm sure.

Enjoy!

No comments: