Sunday, January 24, 2010

When Only Your Telco Talks to You...

I allowed my mind drift away as I drove along the highway. I used to enjoy these times spent alone in the car driving from place to place. It was my little alone time. But I don't enjoy them half as much as I used to anymore. I always knew I enjoyed solitude, but not THIS much.

I had now gotten into the habit of compulsively checking my phone if there were any missed calls or messages. I always knew there were none, nor did I really expect there to be any anytime soon. It kind of made me feel stupid all over again. But one can always hope.

Suddenly, the phone beeps.... "New Message (1) " the screen reads. Who is it? Who could it be? What do they want? Maybe it's someone asking me out for a drink? Is it my boss asking me to come to work? I get filled with excitement. Someone's looking for me! I stare at it a while before opening the message.

It read:
"DiGi : Enjoy 20% discount with every purchase of RM100 and above at...... "

DAMN..... I'm receiving more messages from my telco than actual people.

I chuck the phone aside and continue driving, feeling disappointed.

"You're such an idiot Johnny boy, you know that? Such an idiot." I say to myself over the radio. I knew I was lonely... but jeeeez, this was taking it to a whole different level. I started laughing out loud to myself. A kind of half annoyed half silly kind of laugh. Not that it was funny or anything.... just pathetic.

No comments: