Friday, July 23, 2010

New Layout : Simplicity and Me

So I finally updated my blog template..... but only after Blogger made it as easy enough for me to actually do some meaningful adjustments without having to learn how to read and write HTML.

And after about an hour of clicking away, I present to you...........

........ the most plain, simple and ordinary run-of-the-mill looking blog you will ever come across. 

Sadly, I really have absolutely zero art or design skills. I'm hopeless at anything creative. People talk about always needing to think out of the box. I can't. I'm in the box. I'm the center of the box. I AM the freaking box.

Everytime I have tried revamping my blog I tell myself I'm going to make the most awesome looking blog ever.. not that many people are going to read it anyway (but one can always dream)... So I click, click and click away... The annoying thing about myself is that I inevitably end up going complete black, complete white, or something plain. Then when I realize I'm not getting anywhere near awesome, I scrap the whole idea and am left with my original crude and elementary looking blog.

But I think I will always want my blog to look plain and simple. I don't think I am ever going to shake that off. No one actually thought me this, but I do believe plain and simple allows you to focus on the content with no distractions.

And truth be told, I think I'm the kind of guy that constantly strives for simplicity. I think there is much beauty in simplicity. The ironic part is, I think of myself as rather complicated. I tell everyone I'm just your regular joe.. the most ordinary guy you will ever meet... but deep down inside, I actually feel more like a lonely alien. I haven't met any guys around me who actually say the things I say, feel the way I feel, or do the things I do....

Someone once said to me that it's because I was 'different'.....

But heck everyone's 'different'...

I think I'm really just WEIRD....

Which is probably why I strive for simplicity. To counter the complicated side of me. The outward appearance of simplicity is meant to shield and hide the inner sense of complexity.

Which totally explains in some convoluted way how this blog ended up looking like this.

Make sense?

No?

Oh what the heck, it's just a bloody blog anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i kinda like your old layout better tho

Compulsive Blogger said...

I'm not quite satisfied with the colour & blogger doesnt hv the kind of background I want..... so its still a work in progress k. :-)